STAM’s Vision of a Nation Where Everybody Enjoys Quality Aquatic Education with Safe Practices.
1. To ensure all Malaysian Swimming Teachers or Aquatic Educators are professionally certified Teachers.
2. To introduce aquatic education programs to all age group.
3. To be acknowledged as a world class Swimming Teachers Association.
4. To promote and create awareness on drowning prevention and aquatic water safety to the public.
1. To educate the public on the importance of water safety practices in all aquatic relevant activities as well as the environmental safety where the activities are being conducted.
2. To promote, enhance and help maintain the professional standards, welfare and the competency of Aquatic Educators through education and certification.
3. To promote and standardize and set systematic aquatic education programs to the public, including programs such as The Infant & Toddler Aquatic Education programs and The Water Safety & Aquatic Education for the Disabled.
4. To encourage and promote aquatic education to all Malaysians.
5. To work with other Bodies/Associations/Foundations to create aquatic awareness and education.
Membership of the Swimming Teachers’ Association of Malaysia is available to all who are interested in the preservation of human life by teaching swimming, lifesaving and survival techniques.
Applicants for membership of the Swimming Teachers' Association of Malaysia do not have to be qualified with STA certification, as we recognize acceptable equivalent qualifications from many other organizations in Malaysia and overseas.
Application as Associate memberships from our public whom wish to help promote aquatic education programs, drowning prevention and water safety are most welcome.
6-2, Jalan Telawi 2, Bangsar Baru, 59100 Kuala Lumpur.
+603 2287 3500
+603 2287 3501